Here are a brief chronology with photos from the last few weeks...
Wednesday, May 13th (We still hadn't planted anything more than the lettuce. We were waiting for it to stop raining for more than a day or two!):

We finally got our radishes (next to the lettuce), beets (next row), and green beans (next two rows) planted on Thursday, May 19th. Then on Saturday, May 23rd, we planted the sticks (2 spots each (L-R) of yellow squash, spaghetti squash, zucchini, and cucumber), and (L-R) 2 big-boy tomatoes, 1 roma tomato and two green bell peppers. These next two photos are from Monday, May 25th. The first picture is the lettuces, radishes & (maybe if you look closely, you can see the) beets -- up already in less than a week!


Thursday, May 28th - more progress on the beets, and the beans growing. Also, tomatoes & green peppers inching along as well:


This morning, May 31st, when I went out to check on the garden, I noticed the bean rows were filling in nicely, and a couple cucumbers had sprouts. I could also make out a couple zucchini and a few more cucumbers starting to just barely poke through the soil, but I didn't have the camera handy. This evening when I went out again, there were even more up - these came up fast - like in 8 hours!!! The pix are in this order: cucumbers, zucchini, spaghetti squash, yellow summer squash, and one of most of the garden.





And the best part of it all... Here's what we're having with our supper tonight! Not a lot yet though - this is laying on a dish towel folded in half. I didn't want to use it all up at once or stunt its growth, so I just cut the outer leaves of a few of the largest plants (that were at least 4-6 inches tall). YUMMY!!!
2 comments:
I heard on the radio last night that growing things is good for the spirit when you are feeling down or depressed....well, it is too bad that I have a black thumb, because with this adoption process I sure could use any help I can get! LOL....
Oh I'm so jealous!!! I burned all my stuff up when I set it outside this week.
Post a Comment