I don’t typically make New Year’s resolutions, because they’re such cliché. I do have some hopes and also some goals, I just don’t call them resolutions.
My biggest hope for the new year is for our Elijah & Josephine to come home. It will happen, and we’re praying all goes smoothly this next couple of months to make that happen sooner rather than later. It gives me such joy to think about them being here with us!
Of course, like most women I want to lose weight. I have a goal in mind that I won’t share here, but it all revolves around continuing to exercise more and eat healthier. This is something I did really well last spring/summer, but stopped with my shin splints in the fall. I have many options now for exercise (treadmill, Wii Fit Plus, walking with a friend), so I shouldn’t get bored and quit. I also try to always eat healthy – and for the most part I’ve been eating lots more fruits and vegetables in the last several months, so I want to keep that up.
I want to continue working hard on my relationships – first and foremost with my husband and my children. Not that there are glaring issues, but it’s the little things that count, and I need to focus on those things that really make a difference in our family. My marriage has held through some tough times, and is all the stronger for it, and I want to continue to make this a top priority. Kaylen and I have struggled with our relationship, partly due to her past, details of which I will not go into here. But I’ve worked hard to move beyond those issues. Things have improved greatly over the last year, and I want that to continue.
And last but most certainly not least, I need to make God my top priority. Last year at this time, I made an effort to spend more time in the Word and in prayer. I continued this throughout the year – although at some times I did better than others – and it really paid off in other areas of my life. Taking that time out of my busy schedule, away from the busy-ness of life, really makes a huge impact. “For nothing is impossible with God” (Luke 1:37), and “Apart from HIM, I can do nothing.” (John 15:5).
3 comments:
Good goals for the New Year.
Wonderful goals, Lisa-Happy New Year to you and your family!
Lisa, Wishing you and all your family the best in 2010. It will be a wonderous year -- I'm sure of it! Our best! xo ~Tonia
Post a Comment