For the letter B, we were going to have fun with outdoor activities (Bike-riding, Bubble-Blowing, Ball-playing), but our Busy life got the best of us. :(
Elijah & Jospehine did complete a coloring page of the upper- and lower-case Bs, and a writing Bs practice page with a bear on it.
We had Brats, Buns, and broccoli for supper, with Banana split ice cream for dessert.
We read a couple "Bob the Builder" Books and one called, "The Red Blanket" - But the kids lost interest in that one (too many words) so we just skipped through the pages looking for the letter Bs. Elijah was even finding the lower-case bs, But was also picking out the ds, so we had to stop and compare. We also read a really cute Book called, "Book! Book! Book!" Check if your library has it!
I forgot to get out our own B books: "The Berenstains' B Book" and "Belly Button Book", But I'll probably do that on review day.
----------
This morning the kids started out our letter C days with a breakfast of Chex Cereal.
Then they rode in the daddy’s Car to play Catch at Elijah & Josephine’s Blast-Ball game (and we reviewed the B's).
We had Chicken, Cheesy Cauliflower (and potatoes/gravy) for supper, with Chocolate Cookies (Oreos) for dessert. Tomorrow we'll probably have Cheese quesedillas and Carrots/Celery.
Although we haven't gotten to them yet, I checked out books from the library about Cats, Cows, and Candy Counting. I also pulled out a few of our own: "Clifford Goes to School", "The Care Bears Help Out", and "What Color Is Your Underwear?".
----------
Since we were delayed finishing up the B books today, we haven't gotten to the C books yet, or the C coloring or letter-writing-practice pages. We should finish those tomorrow, then will use Monday to review A, B and C, before moving on to D on Tuesday/Wednesday, and E on Thursday/Friday. I don't have letters planned for next weekend, since at least a couple of us will be at a soccer tournament most of the weekend.
This week I'll also have to spend some time looking up books to check out for the following week's F/G/H days, and figuring out what we should eat and what activities we should do those days. I only have planned through E so far. Kaylen is helping me with ideas now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment