Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"I", "J", "K"

For the letter "I", we don't have a whole lot for our menu. Maybe some Iceberg lettuce with Italian dressing. And of course, some Ice cream! We have two books about ice cream, one about an iguana, and we'll probably dig out our copy of the Berenstain Bears' "Inside, Outside, Upside Down."

Josephine has been asking when we could do the letter "J", so she'll be super-excited when it comes up this week! We've checked out books from the library called, "Jiggle Joggle Jee!" and "Jungle Gym Jitters", and we'll probably pull out our children's Bible for stories about Jesus, Jonah, and Joseph. We'll probably have Jam on our toast, with Juice for breakfast. Maybe I'll make some Jello Jigglers for a fun treat too. Saw a couple other suggestions for Jerky or maybe sloppy Joes. Hmmmm...

The letter "K" also does not leave much in the way of menu items either, but maybe Kiwi fruit and something with Ketchup on it??? Jock likes to make a kimchee dish that the kids think is fun because mommy doesn't eat it. Maybe I'll enlist his help for dinner this week! I've been trying to avoid the letter books at the library, but got one for "K", called, "My "k" Sound Book". It actually looks like it has a story line, not just words - don't know why I've been avoiding them! I also got, "Kiss, Kiss", and "Kitten's First Full Moon". We'll probably also talk about Kaylen's name starting with K. They already recognize this letter because of Kaylen's name. :)

2 comments:

Rose Anne said...

Ay Lisa fix some Kreyol dishes and introduce your kids to some Jicama!
Just a thought!
God Bless,
Rose Anne

Anonymous said...

Tell them that aunt Karen loves them :)