Monday, January 21, 2008

Birthday Pictures

Well, it was a success, and now Kaylen is in bed, fast asleep. Sounded like she had lots of fun passing out cookies at daycare. She had extras, so I think she paraded herself around passing the extras out to the teachers in the other room, and the director and assistant director in the office. They even made her a crown to wear for the day.

Tonight was a rush. We didn't get home until late, because of the weather (yes, more snow today brought with it very slow traffic), but we got dinner warming on the stove and picked up a few things. Jock made it home about the time the company arrived. We had a nice supper, cake & ice cream, and then Kaylen opened her presents. It was great fun - Kaylens uncles, great aunt, cousins, and grandma all made it to the party. Grandpa Bob and Grandma Terry called, as they're traveling out in West Virginia this week. Great Grandma Cheryl also called, but Kaylen was opening presents at the time, and didn't get to talk to her. She also talked to Great Grandma Barb in Florida for a few minutes. Her birthday is also also today - 82!

Thanks everyone for the gifts and Birthday wishes. It made for a really special day for her. Below are a few pictures from today.

(I had to download pictures from my camera and clear my memory card before the party started. I'm not sure what happened, but the ones I downloaded then were gone. I was hoping to post one of the ones I took this morning, and a maybe a couple I took last night of her helping decorate the cake, but it just wasn't to be.)

1 comment:

Terry said...

Happy Birthday Sweetheart...Looks and sounds like an exciting day! Terry