Saturday, January 19, 2008

Missing My Mom

Three years ago today I lost my mom. Time has eased the pain, but I still think of her often, about the things we did together and the things I learned from her. I wonder what she might have done or said in certain situations. I think of how I wish she could be here for this or that event. However, I know she's still in my heart, and she's still a part of me. Since I've become a parent, I realize just how much I am like her in many ways.

I struggled to find just the right pictures of mom to share, because she didn't like having her picture taken. She usually was frowning or looking the other way in pictures, but I found a couple from some important memories I have of her:
The second one was taken by my sister-in-law the weekend before mom died. Despite not liking her having her picture taken, she had a great smile on her face - in fact we all were. She was probably just so happy that we were all there with her. And we realized afterwards, that even the dog was in the picture. :)

I sure miss her, but I know she's in Heaven dancing with the angels! (Turn up your volume for the most awesome song about a loved one going to Heaven.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing with us. What a special song!

Anonymous said...

All the time I wish she was still here but then I have to realise that if she was she would be still sick and suffering and now she's not sick and probably happier than ever.

Jodie said...

I can't imagine the pain of losing one's mom. But take comfort in knowing you'll see her again. And take comfort in knowing she's whole and dancing with Jesus. Love that song, too.

Lisa said...

Yes, Absolutely! She's no longer suffering, and we'll definitely see her again.

Anonymous said...

Know my heart hurts for you. Right now, we're just at the thinking about all the things we will miss about Derek's mom and all the things we will miss getting to celebrate and do with her. Words and actions really don't ever seem to fit when you lose your mom. Know I'm thinking of you and wishing for a comfort and a deep seeded peace in your mom's absence.
Kayla

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. What a sweet post.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, sorry my thoughts weren't on time this year but know I've been thinking of you. ~tj

Lisa said...

Thanks Tonia! How have you been doing? I've been thinking of you as well. Praying for healing for your mom!

Anonymous said...

When a door closes, god opens a window. this is the window. and your mom was right there opening the latch.. Hope all goes easy with the babies. we are all here praying for you . My heart aches for you all, and knows all will fall into place. Treasure all the great things yet to happen .