Happy Birthday to our precious Josephine Celena! Just two months ago, she was in our arms, and we so wish she could be here for us to celebrate with her. We pray it's the last birthday she spends away from home.
We're having some friends over for dinner, cake and ice cream. Kaylen and I are going to pick out cake, frosting and decorations. We've already picked out her birthday present - fabric for a blanket and pillowcase, which I'll have to make for her before she comes home for her to open. We did the same for Elijah back in August.
It feels a little strange to have parties for them when they're not here, but we'll take pictures and share the memories with them when they're older. Hopefully it will show them how much a part of our every-day lives they are, even not being home yet. They are on our minds constantly, and we pray for them to be home with us soon. Until that day comes, we know that God is holding them in the palm of His hand.
5 comments:
Happy birthday baby girl!
they are so lucky to have you guys waiting here for them!
-Karen
I have to say, I just can't believe she's one!! When I was there last August she was so tiny. I can't remember May but I bet I saw her (if she'd already been brought in).
Yup - she's such a big girl. Her last quarterly update measurements showed she'd gained two pounds in the (just over a) month since we'd been there.
That's great! She seemed pretty small when we were there, but was gaining ground since she'd been sick back in October.
Happy Birthday, sweet Josephine! We pray you're in your Mama's arms soon!
Post a Comment