Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kaylen's Growing Up...

Literally! Grandma Terry eluded to it in her comment - Kaylen's getting tall - all her shorts fit around her, but they're getting too short! Anyway...

I finally got a few good videos of Kaylen reading. She's doing such a good job - especially since we've been having her do even just a little bit most every day. It's really sinking in, and she's remembering more and more. The combinations still cause her a little grief, but with a little help, she can read so much! These were from yesterday, when she was reading "A Fly Went By":


Preschool graduation is tomorrow. She's excited for it. I always ask Kaylen when I pick her up from daycare if she was good at naptime and got to go to the big kids room. (If they don't sleep at naptime, but they lay down still and quietlly, they get to get up and go play after a little while.) She's been answering no, because they've been practicing for graduation instead of taking naps. Imagine getting about 30 4- and 5-year-olds ready for a graduation ceremony/program! Teachers are wonderful - I couldn't do it! It should be fun to see. I'll try to take some pictures to share later this week.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Too cute...You must be very proud! I am finding it a little sad that my four year old nephew wants to "read" (he pretends or memorizes so far =) to me instead of me to him! Growing up can be bittersweet!

Kathy Cassel said...

Graduation will be adorable!!