Last night Kaylen went to spend the night at her Grandma's house. I'm sure she had great fun playing with her two cousins that also were there. Jock and I got to have a date, to celebrate my birthday, and just enjoy one another. I don't remember the last time we had a date! We had so much fun! We went to a great restaurant called The Grand Piano Bistro. It was kind of pricey, but so much fun! We had a very yummy dinner, and enjoyed the deuling pianos. It's the most fun we'd had as a couple in a long time!
Jock said it wasn't quite like the dueling piano bar he'd been to in Las Vegas. He said these guys were less crude with their changing lyrics - which surprised me, because I thought some things were pretty crude - although Des Moines is much tamer than Las Vegas, so you can imagine. :) He also said since this was a much larger venue, that there wasn't as much audience participation which could have made it a lot more fun. It also wasn't really "dueling" pianos - they mostly just traded songs back and forth, while singing/playing back-up for each other. At any rate, it was awesome, and so much fun. We'd like to go back with a group, as that would make it even more fun!
Today the plan was to go pick up Kaylen, maybe go to the park with grandma and her cousins, take her to her first T-ball practice/game, and then maybe this afternoon after she'd had a good nap, go on a picnic. Well, it was raining this morning. And, we didn't get up in time, so Jock went to pick up Kaylen to let me relax and lounge around home this morning. Instead of going to the park, I think he'd planned on taking Kaylen shopping. T-ball is cancelled for today, and I'm not sure the picnic/park is a good idea with the wet weather. It's stopped raining now, but there's thundershowers in the forecast for this afternoon, and 100% chance of rain by 6 tonight, so who knows what we'll end up doing... Maybe we'll have to go to the mall or Dairy Queen or Blockbuster so we can just stay home and watch movies and order pizza (because I'm not cooking).
Tomorrow the plan is to go to early church, and then have brunch at Jock's brother's house. It's so awesome that we're not the only one with a house now, so we don't have to host everything. He hosted Easter egg coloring this year, as we'd just been back from Haiti a couple weeks and our house was a major disaster. So, I don't have to spend my birthday and Mother's day cleaning up and cooking. Thanks Duke - you're awesome!
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you and Jock got some alone time! I went to the piano bar with a bunch of the race team wives a month or so ago - we had a ball! That was a Wednesday night, but it was packed by 9:00, and the crowd was pretty into the piano guys. Fun place! Maybe we should skip game night in June and just go there. ;)
Nikki
Post a Comment