Sunday, June 15, 2008

Remember those without fathers...

This is from a friend of mine - she has adopted a son from China, and is now in the process of adopting a son from the same orphanage we are adopting from:

To all you Father's, Happy Father's Day! I want to share a burden on my heart for anyone who will listen...

This week I couldn't help but think of all the children worldwide who have no fathers, no families. And it grieves me to think so many live without a forever family. Many without basic everyday needs met or simple medical care. And many more who are rarely touched by a loving hand. Tucking in my son each night this week, and whispering "I love you" in his ear before I left the room, I thought about those homeless kids, sick kids, orphaned due to natural disasters, aids, war, or a mom and dad who just couldn't feed or clothe them.

I put together a video to encourage others to help. To be a voice for those who have none. Please share this! I receive endless forwards in my email each day...forward this one... Even if one person decides to help in some way it will have been worth the 4+ minutes it took to view the video.

We are so blessed by God...We have so much... It's our responsibility to care...



All the photos used are of orphaned children worldwide. (The last two photos are of Asher, and Evan and Brad together.)

Blessings, Terry

1 comment:

Terry said...

Thank you Lisa for posting that! And Happy Fathers day to Jock! Terry