Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Swimming Lessons - part 2

Swimming lessons went well last night - the kids were apparently freezing though. Kaylen seemed to have lots of fun, and we're doing it again tonight. I'm enjoying the this quiet time in the evenings to visit with my hubby (although he's now taking a nap as well). However, I'm missing doing stuff with Kaylen - reading, playtime outside, etc. I think she is as well - she asked me both nights if she could play outside while I was fixing her supper - but no, I was fixing a fast one, and will be all week and next. Oh well - it's only two weeks!

Last night she slept about 45 minutes. Tonight she's been sleeping 1:35, and is still out! I guess if that's what she needs - although she didn't even seem overly tired or grouchy this morning! Good surprise to get after your child was up two hours past bedtime at age 5! Hope she's not too energetic to go to back to sleep in a couple hours.

Anyway, Jock took the pictures below last night, and maybe we'll have more later in the week or next week. I'm still doing my usual evening walks with my friend Erin, so Jock's been taking her. I hope to go a couple times, and see her new tricks - she's always been such a smart, fast learner!

Gettin' ready - Kaylen's in the turquoise and lime green one-piece.

I think she's learning the floating here. OK - bad angle, but you can't walk around all over and distract the class - he said he was doing enough of that with the camera flashing before he figured out how to turn it off - said he'd rather have them mad at him for taking them than me for having none to post on my blog. I think my blogging addiction is starting to rub off on him - if only in the slightest. :)

Our happy shiverin' swimmer.

No comments: