No update here, just clarifying the step we're in. I've been telling people that IBESR is Haiti's social services, and we're now out of that step and into the court steps. That is correct, but I knew there were a bunch of parts to the courts steps - I just didn't know what they all were. I found a document from our facilitator that describes them:
- Parquet to verify the IBESR signatures. (Our dossier is here as far as I know.)
- Civil court for "Judgement Granted" - E & J will receive our last name.
- Parquet to verify "Judgement Granted" signatures.
- 2nd Legalization at the civil registrar, Justice of the Peace, Department of Justice and foreign affairs.
- Acte d'Adoption (Adoption Decree) is written.
- Archives to verify signatures again, upon which E & J will legally be our children.
It's anyone's guess how long these steps take. We should have another process update in 1 1/2 weeks. Please pray that we have some good news then - that these steps are moving along quickly.
4 comments:
I hear ya! Praying that it is a quick step!
Christina
I wonder what will happen now that Gassant is out. Have they just closed everything down until he is replaced? I really thing those of us who had to go through dispense should be waived right on through but that's my opinion.
One thing I wish someone would have told me is that sometimes it can take awhile to go from one step to the next. You might be out of one and you may have to wait over a month to get into the next. Those extra little waiting times definitely have added onto our waiting time and certainly made things disappointing at times. We were out of Parquet in November (if I remember right) but we didn't actually go into MOI until June because we had all the little steps like 2nd legal and getting an adoption decree and it seemed like everytime we were going to another step there was some waiting in between. Just passing that on because I wish someone would have told me that there can be extra time in between the steps. I always think it should be seamless, like you get out of office a and immediately enter officee b but it apparently doesn't work like that.
Kayla
Thanks Kayla!
Post a Comment