We went out for supper tonight - not really anything to cook and both too tired to do it anyway. We were going to go to KFC, but decided to hit the BBQ place again - yummy!
Kaylen's second day of kindergarten was equally successful - I think. She's so funny though. She told me that she thinks, "Kindergarten is going to be the best year of school! ... Oooorr maybe 4th grade." But then when Daddy asked her how school went today she said, "Oh, I don't know." Sometimes she's a little hard to figure out. She had art today as their daily special class (yesterday was music, they'll have their first time at P.E., library/computer, and guidance next week) - but she said they didn't actually do any art because they just had to learn the rules. :)
Last weekend, mid-afternoon, I found this:
This weekend Kaylen's going to a friend's birthday party tomorrow. Sunday I'm helping in the 4-year-olds Sunday school classroom during the early service. And I'm really looking forward to a picnic Sunday afternoon with three other families in our area that are adopting from Haiti. I'm so excited for this community we're developing. We have families to share what are going through with our adoption process now, and our kids will have friends that have similar backgrounds as them to share with growing up. Between us, we currently have 6 children (5 girls & 1 boy), but after we have our kiddos home from Haiti, we'll have 15 children (9 girls & 6 boys) - how awesome is that?!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment