Saturday, August 23, 2008

Busy week

Thursday was Jock's birthday! He and I went out for lunch at Biaggi's. We hadn't been there for quite some time, and it was very YUMMY, as usual. That evening we weren't very hungry after that big lunch, so we fed Kaylen supper and then we all had dessert. I forgot to get a picture, but he'd stopped and picked out a few slices from the Cheesecake Factory on his way home from work. YUMMY again!

Then we spent the rest of the evening (until Kaylen's bedtime) playing Monopoly. It's the first time we've let Kaylen play on her own - although of course us still providing suggestions on what's the best decision for a few things like when to buy, etc. She started out having to go to jail twice, which each resulted in tears. Then all was better when one of us had to go to jail, and she realized it's just part of the game and she's not really in trouble. She also was upset that she couldn't buy the "cards" (properties) for a bit into the game like we could - she just wasn't landing on any.

The game ended up that Jock lost nearly all of his money to me after landing on my hotels, then went out to Kaylen because he owed her less than $100 rent and didn't have it. The picture was taken after this - notice no properties or money in front of him. We stopped at bedtime and counted all our money & properties - Kaylen had over $2K, but I won it with over $5K. It was a fun evening for all. Too bad for the birthday boy to lose the game, but he had fun. He was just glad to have someone to play the game with him, because we don't play it very often.

Today we had Jock's mom & brothers over for lunch - sandwiches, chips, and cupcakes. His mom's birthday is next week, so we combined the celebration like we usually do. No gifts, just lunch and enjoying each other's company. It was a beautiful day, so the kids played some outside on the swingset, and some of us sat outside for a while. It was even a little bit cool in the shade. I didn't get any pictures taken of the gathering though.

I also spent some time today organizing drawers. I'm so excited to have this accomplished. Maybe I can find things now, and also be able to get the drawers closed more easily! :) (By the way - Jock says I have a sickness because I'm blogging about organizing my drawers. I'm just very proud of it, and so happy it's done. These three drawers have been a pet peeve of mine for some time now. We'll see how long it takes them to get completely messed up again, but it should take longer now, right?! For now, everything has a space.)

Tonight, just after Kaylen was in bed, she came back out of her room hollering that she'd lost her second tooth! Goodness, the tooth fairy is going to go broke if Kaylen keeps up this pace of one per week! Just kidding - her top two aren't even loose (yet), and I think I remember reading that it's generally a while before it's their turn to come out. And, I did notice today that her permanent tooth has poked up through where she lost the tooth last week. Yeah! Now we know for sure that she didn't just start trying to wiggle those teeth out on her own. ;)

Tomorrow's another busy day. We're heading out of town, just for the day, to attend Ben's baptism. Should be fun to see how much he's grown in 7 weeks, and see his family too!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Happy Birthday, Jock!!!!

Kathy Cassel said...

Happy late birthday.