- Jock went back to work Thursday afternoon the week we got home, and then full days after that. I've been busy! But having fun playing with and loving on the kids. They seem to be adjusting fairly well. Josephine reverted back to not liking Jock after those two days, but after the weekend together she's been good. They both run to him, hollering excitedly, when he comes home from work, which is really nice.
- I did a phone interview with a reporter from my hometown newspaper. They published a really nice article on us last week. I've seen the online version, but haven't yet received the copy of the paper they were going to send us. She said it might run on the front page, which from their website, I'm guessing it did, because it was the top story. Very nice article - thanks Jessica!
- Friends from our small group Bible study at church had a celebration dinner the first week we were home instead of our usual Thursday night Bible study. They also have been preparing meals for us about every other day since we got home, and got us some gifts and gift cards. They are awesome!!!
- Clothes: I'm still trying to figure out what size clothes Josephine is in. Elijah is fairly squarely in 3T clothes. Josephine can wear 24 month pants that are too big around her waist but too short, she can also wear 3T pants that fit her perfect - go figure! She's wearing 3T tops and those fit her fine. So, I'm going with size 3T, with safety pins to cinch up the waists as needed.
- Bed/Nap-times: Elijah is usually suddenly very sad when we lay him down in bed. One of us usually lays down with Elijah until he falls asleep. If we don't he's out of his room and standing either at our bedroom door or at the top of the stairs sad and waiting for us! A few nights, Elijah would wake up at midnight, or 3am or 5am. Those times I would just go in and lie down with him again - or if it was a 5am thing, I'd just stay for a couple hours, because he seemed more wide awake and I wasn't ready for him or anyone else (including myself) to get up yet. It's fine with me for now, as we know he needs that attention and love. We'll probably try to ween him off of this, but not quite yet. Josephine usually goes to sleep on her own in her toddler bed right next to E's bed. They're in the same bedroom for now. Maybe this summer we'll try to put the girls together, but who knows. We'll wait and see how things go.
- Routine: well, it's not set in stone, but it seems to usually play out like this...
6:30 - Jock gets ready for work, I help Kaylen get ready for school.
6:45-7:00 E&J wake up and I get them breakfast.
7:10 Jock leaves for work, taking Kaylen to daycare on his way.
7-8ish E&J breakfast, possible bath, lotion, get dressed.
8ish-11:30 playtime then snack at ~10 then more playtime before lunch around 11:30.
12ish naptime - E usually sleeps one hour and then comes down to snuggle/sleep more on my lap while J sleeps for another 30-60 min. Then more playtime until snack at 3, then they get wild! Sometimes I take them to pick up Kaylen at daycare - between 3:30 and 4:30 depending on the day and the evening plans.
~6:00 Dinner, then more wild playtime with Daddy.
7:00 start to try to settle them down, bedtime around 7:30 - although they usually are not asleep until around 8. Of course, this is mixed up a bit if we have appointments, etc. Also, on evenings when we have things going on I try to feed the kids earlier so we can get out the door sooner. - More later on medical stuff, behaviors, playtime...
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
First Two Weeks Tidbits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
very cool to read.
Lisa, we got our court appt today. I'm freaking out a bit. I'm glad I bought a carseat last week :) Now I'm nervous about the realities of having another kid in my home... skin care, orphan issues, 3 kids... yikes.
will you come calm me down when I get home from Et in a few months and you have this adoption thing all figured out???
Post a Comment