

...which then turned into coloring-time:


...took a break, then continued braid-removal at snack-time:

..then took another break before washing and re-styling:


The finished product:

...well, not entirely finished. It's already coming out on the edges, but yesterday she'd had enough. So I plan to change the three sections into more, smaller sections, so it'll stay longer. Anyway, I think the two knots on top sort of look like antennae - but she's the cutust little bug you ever did see, isn't she? :)
The beauty is that it's not quite as technical or time-consuming of a style, so it'll be easy to redo one section if it starts looking ratty before I'm ready for another style. It's just like putting hair in pony tails, and then I twisted the pony-tail until it turned back on itself and then put anotoher tie over it to hold it.
8 comments:
Hey Lisa...You seem to know a lot about how to do hair. I haven't done braids yet (can't get Avery to sit still nearly that long.) But, when I do pig tails, her hair gets ratty looking almost immediately from taking shirts on and off, etc. What product are you using to fend off fuzzies, etc?
Tracy - these got ratty almost immediately because I had to put her shirt back on - then we also took it off and put on when we had spaghetti for lunch. I used coconut oil before combing out - actually probably used too much because the tight ponies were dripping when we were done and I had to wipe them down. I did use a satin cap at naptime, and it had the oil residue on it too, but kept it OK for the remainder of yesterday. I didn't put it on her last night though.
I haven't tried just putting a little more of that or the conditioning lotion back in to smooth them out this morning - I may try that before I redo the parts to see how well it works at re-holding. They look OK this morning but the edges are pretty fuzzy. I'll try to add a couple more photos today after I re-do it.
It may also just be that Avery's hair isn't as curly or as long as Josephine's and that could be why it doesn't stay in as well. I was VERY surprised with how long and how well Josephine sat still three weeks ago. I'm guessing the nannies spent a lot of time on her hair for her to sit so good for me.
Looks cute!!
We have those same beads. Love the colors. You could have probably left the braids in for another couple weeks.
Kayla's hair is super short!! An inch and a half at the longest point and less than half an inch on the sides. Not sure what they did to it. It is all chopped up. There isn't much to do with it except little twists. I hope it grows out soon.
She is a cute bug!! We did twists last night and they already look frizzy and very loose. Bummer. Used lots of coconut oil but its still so dry. I think we need some time for hair healing.
That's an adorable style. :)
I was thinking this afternoon both about a friend who is adopting and also about Haiti. I remembered seeing your story on the news and miraculously remembered your blog address. My heart continues to ache for the children there and while watching the footage I just wanted to grab one of those parentless children out of the tv and bring them home. It's such a blessing to be able to read your blog and see the real highs and lows of your amazing journey. Blessings to you as you practice true religion - caring for orphans. Of course orphaned no more :)
Too cute!
Post a Comment