Kaylen has really been struggling the past few weeks. I'm sure it has a little to do with leaving her for a week, but also the big changes in how much attention she is getting.
We're doing what we can to give her some individual attention, but she's just been a bear! We're talking deliberate disobedience (even right after we've told her something), not listening/selective listening, crying over just about everything, complaining that she doesn't get ANY time with us anymore, attitude problem, etc... Especially this weekend and yesterday. I'm sure it also had a little something to do with her being sick (ear infection), and probably not sleeping well because of it.
However, today she was an angel compared to the past few days, so we're praying we've turned a corner with her. Even though she was still sick, I got to spend some time with her while they were napping, playing a game. Also, I got to instruct her on how to play with the kids, and how to help me with a few things with them without her trying to be the mini-mommy. She did great! It was a complete 180, and I was so impressed today!
6 comments:
It is one big adjustment! So encouraging to see God working to bring all your hearts together!
There have been a lot of changes for her. I hope that her heart begins to understand that the changes are good for her too! She is going to make a great big sister! Please tell her I said so!
It is always hard bringing new kids into the mix... I hope that things are smooth from now on...
New kids means changes for everyone. I know all of my kids are feeling it but most of them have the maturity to deal with it. Jasmine does struggle because it's impacted her more and she had surgery the same week they came home. Hang in there.
You know those issues might happen but actually dealing with them is no fun. I'll be calling you when we get to that point :)
Hope she stays on the new path!
Hi Kids so happy to hear all is well as can be. My prayers are still with you all. Love the pics. Love Grandma Rosie
Post a Comment