Josephine and Elijah were doing such an awesome job reading books about a week ago, I just had to record them.
Elijah started out with a "Clifford" book that he didn't really know. But then he went and got "Green Eggs and Ham". The recording is VERY quiet, so turn off my music player (on my right sidebar), and turn UP your volume as high as it will go.
And for some hints on what he's saying:
He calls the book, "Green Ham", but even says, "By Doctor Suess".
For about the first half of the movie he mostly just says, "(I don't) like them anywhere," with a vew "Try some!" mixed in.
It's really cute when he gets to the "(I don't) like them in a house, and him," pointing to the mouse.
He moves on to, "(I don't) like them in a boat/car/choo-choo train/water".
He gets confused about the "in the dark" page, but continues on.
Towards the end, he starts saying "Try some!" a little more, then gasps and says, "Uh-oh, he's gonna eat it! Yummy! I like it! Eat it anywhere... yummy... Eat it all gone!
Then I helped him say the words on the last page, and he says, "Be end."
Before I could turn off the camera he says, "My turn?", because he and Josephine were taking turns reading on the camera.
Josephine chose a book she didn't really know and just kept repeating the same sentence over and over again. It also was about a 4-page book because it was one of those Scholastic promotional freebies. So I'm going to try to get a better recording of her reading before I post it.
No comments:
Post a Comment