Here’s a photo of where we were at as far as dry days as of last Sunday night. Now, I must preface this with the understanding that I’m not entirely sure how accurate this is. While he’s at daycare, I don’t know if he has accidents unless he tells me. His teacher(s) can sometimes tell me, but the ones that are there in the morning have left already when I pick him up in the afternoon, so I really only get info about his late morning through afternoon. I’d ask him if he was dry all day, and sometimes he’d tell me that he had an accident, but most days he’d tell me he was “dry aaaallllllll day!” I took his word for it, and I think it really helped with the motivation when he’d get a stamp that night – he was so proud of those stamps!So Monday, I sent him off in big-boy undies. When I picked him up that afternoon, I was a little disappointed – although not really surprised – to see a bag of wet clothes - he'd had two accidents. :( Tuesday and Wednesday each day had one accident, so that was some improvement.
Thursday when I got to daycare, I was happy to see his back-ups bag still full, and no wet clothes bag! :) He was playing outside in his boots and snow pants when I picked him up, so the teacher came inside with me, we checked to make sure he was still dry, and he got a piece of candy as a reward. He was so proud of that candy, he didn’t want to throw away the wrapper – and even showed it to Daddy when he got home! Then he said he wanted to eat it… um… it was already eaten, so we asked him to throw it away so he wouldn’t eat the wrapper, and he was very upset. So, we let him keep it in his pocket – it’ll get thrown out in the laundry.
Friday was also a "dry allllll day" day. Today he has been dry all day as well - he even went a couple times without having to be reminded (and asked while we were at Walmart this morning), and was dry through naptime. So, likely he will have three or four stamps (depending on tomorrow) for this week added to what he had thru last week. :)
It's now spring break around here, and I took the week off to spend time with the kids instead of sending them to daycare. I’m hoping I’ll be able to keep him dry all week! We’ll see how he does at home versus daycare. At daycare they’ve been reminding him go to the bathroom every hour. At home I don’t do it quite that often – maybe every couple hours – and he’s been keeping his pull-ups dry on the weekends. I also think I’ll probably remind him more often if we go somewhere or even if we’re home, for fear of having to clean up carpet puddles since he’s no longer in pull-ups. Since we don’t have a fun water fountain, I think he doesn’t drink as much water when he’s at home as he does at daycare, so that should help too.
2 comments:
Great progress! Hope this week goes well and you all have fun together.
No stamp on Sunday, though. Kaylen and I went shopping at noon, and Daddy mixed up the schedule by letting them watch a movie between lunch and naps. He always goes after lunch, and then I assume he didn't have him go before his nap. He came down from nap about when I got home - with different pants on.
Trying again today.
Post a Comment