This is spring break week around here. Mother Nature certainly has obliged, even though it is not officially spring until next week. Normal high temps this time of year are high 40s. Monday and Tuesday we had highs in the 50s, and Wednesday it was 68 degrees! The sunshine has been beautiful as well! Today is supposed to be 70. Then temps going back down to near normal temps Friday thru Sunday, and chances of rain again.
I'm so glad we were able to enjoy spring break while the beautiful weather lasted. I took the week off work to spend time with the kids. We've had such a fun time, since we didn't have to be cooped up in the house all week!
Monday we headed over to a local college, as Kaylen was helping a student (also a daycare teacher) with an education research project. Elijah and Josephine just took a walk around campus while we waited for her to finish. It was a little chilly but nice to get outside. That afternoon, after naps, we met some friends at a city park near our house that has a nice playground.
Tuesday, the Daylight Savings Time switch caught up to me, and I missed my 5:15 Farrell's class. I was so frustrated with this being the last week of the 10-week challenge, I really couldn't miss, and the 5:15 class is the only one that worked with our schedule... unless I drug the kids along. So that's what I had to do. Luckily the 8:15 am class had only 6 people, and the kids did fairly sitting, watching, and drinking their smoothies for breakfast. They had each brought one toy to play with too, so that helped... sort of. :)
Tuesday afternoon we decided we should try out different playgrounds around town, so headed to another city park. The playground wasn't that great, and we happened to go right when the sun went behind a few clouds. We played for a bit, then took a quick walk on the connected trail system, before we headed home.
Yesterday was a great day! I had an errand I had to run without the kids, and my friend called me that morning and invited us to come over to play. So the kids played, we chatted, then I snuck out to run my errand and picked up six Happy Meals on the way back (Wednesdays are $2 Happy Meals in town). We came home for naps, and then met them again at an elementary school playground later in the afternoon. I must say that was the funnest playground we've gone to this week.
Not sure what the plans are tomorrow and Friday. There are some St. Patrick's Day festivities downtown, but not sure we want to do that either - the parade is at noon, and the rest of the activities are after the parade. That kind of cuts into naptime, and we have Bible study tomorrow night. Maybe we'll just play at home a little more, and head to a park again - or maybe I'll make up some corned beef and cabbage to celebrate my Irish heritage. We've also talked about meeting Daddy one day for lunch and then going to an early afternoon movie. I'm not sure how to do it though, as I'm not comfortable leaving two in the movie if one needs a potty break. Maybe we'll have to wait and do that on Saturday when Daddy can come to the movie with us.
1 comment:
I dont' think our town has anything for St. P day. We don't really celebrate it at home.
Love park hopping.
Post a Comment