Cite Soleil (actually Cite should have an accent over the e, but I don't know how to do that in html coding yet) is where Ralph is from. I've heard of the conditions there, and it's hard to describe it. I'll try though - it's one of the slums of Port au Prince. It is where many gangs reside/preside, and there was tons of violence there in the last few years - especially when Aristide left the contry and leading up to their elections. That's about all I can think of right now, but I'm sure if you "googled" it, you could find lots more information Cite Soleil and about Port au Prince and Haiti in general. I saw this YouTube (Thanks again Angela!) video that shows some of the conditions there. It's a bit geared towards the AIDS crisis because that is so common there and that is their particular mission there, but some of the pictures just make me cringe. You might have to push the play button twice.
No comments:
Post a Comment