OK. Bear with me on this one. Another mom who is adopting 5 children from Haiti, that is on another chat group that I'm on started another chat group for those learning or wanting to learn Kreyol. That's the language that they speak in Haiti, and is sort of a combination of French and African languages. I at least want to learn a little. Our children will probably be home before they're talking too much (at least I hope so :), but they will be so confused, that I want to be able to talk to them a little in Kreyol, even though they'll pick up English very quickly. Also, maybe when we go to Haiti, we'll be able to talk with others, such as the nannies, other children, and possibly if we get to meet Elijah and/or Josephine's birth parents. So here goes...
*****
M ap Pratike entwodiksyon mwen an Kreyol...
(I am practicing my introduction in Kreyol...)
Bonjou tout moun,
(Hello everyone,)
Mwen rele Lisa.
(My name is Lisa)
Mari mwen, Jock, e mwen gen youn petit fi kounje a (Kaylen - 4),
(My husband, Jock, and I have one daughter now (Kaylen - 4),)
e nou ap adopte de petit:
(and we are adopting two children:)
Ralph (nou ap nonmen li Elijah), 1, e
(Ralph, (we will name him Elijah), 1, and)
Celena (nou ap nonmen li Josephine), mwa 3,
(Celena, (we will name her Josephine), 3 months)
pou Port au Prince, Ayiti.
(from Port au Prince, Haiti.)
*****
And, I'll be trying to figure out pronunciation of this too - YIKES!
1 comment:
Hi Lisa,
Maison is pronounced Mayzon. Our youngest two came home at 18 and 26 months, and our 18 month old picked up English in literally, a few days. You will be surprised how quickly it comes when they are immersed in the language.
Blessings,
Natalie
Post a Comment