Kaylen had a great 1st day of school. For the longest time she said she wasn't excited but nervous. We didn't believe her - she's not the nervous type. Yesterday the excitement started showing. Last night she was really excited! This morning she acted just like it was any other day. I went over a few things with her, like which way she goes to find her classroom when she gets in the school, etc. She says, "I know, I know..." :)
Kaylen had a great day. She told me all about it when we got home. It took about an hour telling me everything. She really likes her teacher. She learned some new rules, some new routines, went all the way across the monkey bars, had music class, and school lunch that apparently was really yummy - pizza, raw veggies & dip, chocolate milk. She said she had 5 recesses, but she included the 3 regular ones, an outdoor activity her class did, and then outdoor playtime after school at daycare.
Anyway, day 1 was a success, and I think it's going to be a great school year!
6 comments:
What a proud sweet girl!
P.S. Thank you for being understanding about "sharing" your daughter's pretty dress with my Gracyn. =) I have noticed from some of the O photos too that some of the things I sent were shared. I guess they will learn early! I just wish all the clothes, medicine, diapers, etc. for the kids that have been waiting in the harbor (I think?) in Haiti will finally be delivered soon...I sent three boxes months ago.
Hi Lisa,
Your daughter is beautiful. Such a big step for such a little one and she faced with a smile on her face. You have prepared her well. You are a good mommy.
Christina
She looks so excited!!
Awww. So sweet!
I have a senior for the first time!
Thanks Christina!
Katie - sure, of course they can share clothes. I can't imagine the nannies trying to keep all the babies' clothing separate. It looks like it fits Gracyn better than it fit Josephine - I think it was an 18-month outfit.
Karen - yep-most schools around here start next week too. We're always about a week earlier than the rest of the state - good thing they have A/C! (btw-no offense, but I removed your post b/c of you put the town in - trying to keep a little more anonymous)
Post a Comment