Tuesday, January 13, 2009

LASIK tomororow!

I'm so excited about my surgery tomorrow - well, at least for a positive result of the surgery - to have good eyesight, without contacts or glasses. Honestly, I'm little nervous, because it's not without its risk, but I'm confident in my doctor's abilities and skill. I'm also a little nervous for the pain afterwards, but I'm hoping to be able to sleep the afternoon/evening away afterwards. Jock took the afternoon off to pamper me and take care of Kaylen. Then I'll have a follow-up appointment the next day.

I've started a set of drops today, and will start two more after surgery, which will last a week. I think the hardest thing is going to be no lotion on my face for two days after surgery. That'll be hard with my dry skin in the bitter cold winter weather we're having this week (high temp Thursday is to be 2 degrees F!). The no-make-up I can handle, as I rarely wear it anyway. I also won't be able to swim, use a hot-tub, or a tanning bed for a month. Bummer! :) I guess I picked a good time to have the surgery for those things though, and that time will be up in case we have time to use the pool at the hotel in Haiti in March.

If you think of me tomorrow, please pray for a successful surgery, and good pain control (which I'm sure Jock would appreciate as well).

4 comments:

kayder1996 said...

So jealous! Hope it all goes well and that you will be well rewarded by being able to see your alarm clock in the morning, without having to wear your glasses.

Kathy Cassel said...

I know you'll be glad when it's over. For me, they said they could correct my distance vision but I would immediately lose my reading vision due to age. Hmm.

Bill and Christina said...

I pray it all goes well!

Christina

Erin said...

Good luck, Lisa! I will be thinking of you! :)